kood/Jõhvi is looking for a Events and Operations Assistant!
kood/Jõhvi is an innovative education player in the tech world that was launched a couple of years ago. We offer a free retraining program for adults with a 21st-century approach to study programming, to decrease the shortage of software developers and enable people from other fields to have new and interesting opportunities in their lives.
The school marked its start in September 2021. Within a short timeframe, kood/Jõhvi onboarded 500 students from ages 18-62, more than 30 partner companies and private supporters. The future plan is to onboard 2000 students per year and constantly evolve our partnership network.
🚀 Quick introduction:
We are looking for an active, “get-things-done” Events and Operations Assistant who can speed up our communication tasks, take care of all the in-house events in Jõhvi, and general operations of the school.
👋 You will be responsible for:
- Communication :
- Be the main contact person for the info email and Discord channels
- Managing the communication in our social media channels
- Content creation – writing newsletters, blog post drafts (in English)
- Nice to have: design experience or interest to create designs in Canva and Adobe
- Welcoming visitors and hosting them in-house for workshops and talks, and also private meetings taking place at kood/Jõhvi
- Being involved in pre-event communications and preparations
- Responsible for event space setup and clean up, hands on help for visitors in the space
- Manage bookings for various event requests and handling queries
- Researching and taking quotes for various orders (school merchandise, other items).
- Communicate with school building service providers
- Organizing and maintaining the school facilities and resources
👀 What are we exactly looking for?
- An active, sociable and positive-minded person with a can-do attitude
- Ready to take an active role with communication and event related tasks
- Be ready to represent kood/Jõhvi to outside visitors
- Previous experience in customer service / content creation is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in Estonian and English (both written and spoken), Russian is a plus
- Available to work on-site in the kood/Jõhvi school building in Jõhvi, Estonia